Monday, July 23, 2012

Tool 10: Digital Citizenship

Three things that I think students should understand about being a good digital citizen are: 1) Understanding what it means to be a good digital citizen and why it is important, 2) Understanding that it is an ongoing process, and 3) Understanding that they will be held accountable for their actions ( posts, blogs, e-mails, etc.), as well as their understanding of my expectations of them.

I will share Wes Fryer's blog, Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentation. I think he does a nice job of addressing the subject.

I plan to teach my students about digital citizenship by having them blog and post after I have taught them about it. I will make any corrections and suggestions as needed.

I plan to keep parents informed by posting this information on my blog, as well as a letter home. I will also discuss this information with them at our Report Card Pickup night.

No comments:

Post a Comment